This quiz is dedicated to the Minister of Generosity - Shri Arjun Singh. For those who came in late, this quiz has been structured in such a way that 49.5% of the questions are really, really easy. To help the underprivileged quizzers I have even thrown in an acrostic hint. For the intellectually disadvantaged who do not know what's an acrostic hint, here's a chota primer:
The acrostic hint is a phrase constructed with the first letters of the answers. The acrostic hint for this quiz is BACKWARD THINKING. So if there are 16 questions, the first answer will start with the alphabet B, the second answer with A, the third with C, so on and so forth. So, once you know the first letter, you can work the answer backwards.
THE QUESTIONS (Acrostic Hint: Backward Thinking)
1. In Hindu Mythology, who rides a chariot named Taladwaja?
2. What word was coined by Paul Eugene Bleuler in the 1912 edition of American Journal of Insanity?
3. Which city opted for the name Kolkatta in 1999?
4. Potassium's chemical symbol is K. Just tell me what K stands for.
5. What was launched by Sony in the year 1979 under the name 'Soundabout'?
6. What was formed in 1972 by four Swedes named Agnetha Fältskog , Björn Ulvaeus, Benny Andersson and Anni-Frid Lyngstad?
7. This company was called Wilsforf & Davis till 1915. Which one am I talking about?
8. Dumb and Dumberer was the sequel. Gimme the name of the original.
9. Thompson was one of the Thompson Twins. Who was the other?
10. Hugh Hefner is to Playboy is as to Larry Flint is to _________?
11. The band Bombalurina is remembered best for which song?
12. What's Japanese for 'concealed or in stealth'?
13. Which movie's tagline was 'Here comes the bride'?
14. Dubya has a black cat as pet. What is its name?
15. What is the real name of Kollywood star Mumtaj?
16. What was Priyanka Gandhi's surname before she became Priyanka Vadra?
If you answer less than 50% of these questions, consider yourself lucky. Arjun Singh may help you get to the stage (in quiz shows) with some reservations.
If you get more than 50%, you get nothing but the Forward Class tag.
To view the answers, click on the comment link.